FINANCE FOR NON-FINANCE PROFESSIONALS
Unlock the world of finance and gain essential financial literacy with our comprehensive Finance for Non-Finance Professionals course. Designed specifically for individuals from diverse backgrounds, this engaging program will equip you with the fundamental knowledge and skills to confidently navigate financial concepts, interpret financial statements, make informed business decisions, and effectively communicate with financial experts.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, manager, or simply looking to enhance your financial acumen, this course is your key to mastering the language of finance and driving success in your career and business endeavors.
MODULE 1: FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- Analysing annual reports of listed companies
- Analysing set of financial statements of companies including statement of profit or loss, statement of financial position, statement of cash flows and notes to the financial statements.
- Financial analysis using ratios: profitability, liquidity, investment, financial risk, and solvency.
- Case study: A company listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius
MODULE 2: SOURCES OF FINANCE
- An introduction to money market and capital market instruments
- An introduction to traditional sources of finance (debt and equity)
- An introduction to contemporary sources of finance including crowdfunding, peer to peer lending and debt factoring.
- Distinguishing between monetary policy and fiscal policy
- Analysis of the repo rate set by the Bank of Mauritius and treasuries (bills, notes and bonds).
- Preparing loan repayment schedule for personal loans, corporate loans, and housing loans
MODULE 3: WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
- Calculating the cash operating cycle using inventory turnover, trade receivables turnover and trade payables turnover.
- Inventory management: Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) and Just-In-Time (JIT).
- Trade receivables' management: Debt factoring, impact of discounts and aged analysis.
- Trade payables' management: impact of discounts
MODULE 4: COST AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- Analysis of overheads
- Contribution and decision-making
- Break-even analysis
- Budgeting (preparing a cash budget and a master budget)
- Analysis of the budgeting process of Mauritius (National Budget)
MODULE 5: INVESTMENT AND TRADING
- Analysis of share prices and returns from Stock Exchange of Mauritius
- Analysis of share prices and returns from Stock Exchanges
- Historical graphs and charts – Individual company analysis and sectorial analysis.
- An introduction to the basics of Stock Exchange Investing: the bid-ask spread and opening of accounts to trade.
- Cryptocurrencies – Behavioral finance and stock market anomalies
- Investing in mutual funds and investment funds
100% Money Back Guarantee
We’re so confident of the quality of our courses that we back them up with a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with this course, contact us within 30 days of purchase and you will be given a full refund subject to the our terms and conditions.
Go ahead! You have nothing to lose
- 0 Sections
- 0 Lessons
- 0 Quizzes
- 0m Duration